As a part of Alabama Farmers Federation, Alabama Beef Producers is represented at the state and national levels through departments of Governmental Affairs and National Affairs. The Department of Communications provides communications about important issues and notices through its monthly magazine, Neighbors, and biweekly newsletter, Cultivator.
The Local Connection
County Farmers Federations, with the assistance of Area Organization Directors, provide support and a mechanism to address issues on the local level. Herein lies the strength of Alabama Farmers Federation. Each county may establish its own Beef Committee. Needs and requests from producers in the county are the beginning of policy development and the direction of Alabama Beef Producers. You may contact your county beef chairman, the Area Organization Director in your region or your County President for more information.
Why Should I be a Member of Alabama Farmers Federation and Alabama Beef Producers?
The Alabama Farmers Federation brings farmers of all commodities together for a common cause. Together, we can accomplish more for everyone's benefit. The more producers actively participating in Alabama Farmers Federation and Alabama Beef Producers, the more effective the organization can be on issues affecting them. With membership in the Alabama Farmers Federation, come many benefits.
Did You Know?
- Alabama ranks 26th in the U.S. in the total number of cattle and calves with approximately 1.32 million head.
- More than 100 medicines used by humans are derived from cattle.
- One average-size cowhide can produce enough leather to make 20 footballs, 18 soccer or volleyballs or 12 basketballs.
- Hamburger meat produced from one market-ready steer could equal 720 quarter-pound hamburgers.
- Cattle consume less than two-10ths of one percent of all water used in the U.S.
- Beef is the most readily available source of vitamin B12 in the world.
- Beef demand has risen 25% since 1999, resulting in strong feeder calf prices for our producers.