Goals of the Beef Division are determined by a state committee, which is elected by other producers throughout the state.
Issues and challenges facing producers are evaluated each year, and priority is placed on each to determine a focus for the division's efforts. Goals include:
- Develop, expand and promote methods and programs to aid producers in more efficient production and marketing, especially through use of Alabama Feeder Cattle Council website.
- Work with Auburn University, Alabama Extension and other groups to set up Junior Livestock Foundation.
- Continue to help seek funds for Alabama Junior Livestock Expo.
- Conduct a tour to a major production area of the country.
- Continue to monitor National Animal Identification System development.
- Express concerns to policy makers of the negative ipacts of the Conservation Reserve Program on the beef industry in Alabama, especially the Black Belt.
- Coordinate and facilitate effort to establish Alabama Beef Cattle Improvement Association Foundation.
- Strive to maintain and improve relations with other beef industry organizations in Alabama and around the country.
- Develop Alabama Beef Leaders Conference in an effort to unite allaspects of the Alabama Beef Industry.
The Beef Division works with other state and non-profit organizations to promote beef consumption, improve beef quality and animal health standards. Those groups include the Alabama Beef Cattle Improvement Association, Alabama Cooperative Extension System,Beef Improvement Federation, Auburn University, Alabama Cattlemen's Association, Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries and the National Institute for Animal Agriculture, Alabama Beef Connection and Alabama Livestock Market Association.