Hay and Forage Division Goals and Issues
Goals of the Hay and Forage Division are determined by a state committee, which is elected by other producers throughout the state.
Issues and challenges facing producers are evaluated each year, and priority is placed on each to determine a focus for the division's efforts. Goals include:
- Work with area organization directors and county boards to maintain and increase county committees to at least 50.
- Work with Auburn University, power companies and other groups to secure funding for biomass and renewable energy research and development.
- Promote hay and forage testing for deermining value of hay and forage crop for sale as well as feeding.
- Promote use of straw and less desirable hay for erosion control on construction projects.
- Increase affilate membership with American and Forage Grassland Council.
Helping farmers address everyday problems is a key part of our mission. As new challenges appear, Alabama Hay & Forage Producers is poised to addres those for the good of its producer members.