Goals of Alabama Peanut Producers are determined by producers throughout the state.
Issues and challenges facing producers are evaluated each year, and priority is placed on each to determine the focus for the division's efforts. Goals include:
- Develop acceptable provision for peanuts for the farm bill debate.
- Monitor regulatory issues pertaining to peanuts.
- Continue grower education on marketing options and peanut program issues.
- Continue regional cooperation through the Southern Peanut Farmers Federation
- Establish peanut seed breeding program to address needs of Alabama.
Helping farmers address everyday problems is a key part of our mission. As new challenges appear, Alabama Peanut Producers is poised to address those for the good of its producer members.