Poultry Division Director
(800) 392-5705, ext. 5181
Alabama Poultry Producers, a division of Alabama Farmers Federation, is composed of farmers across the state involved in poultry production. The Poultry Division has active committees in 35 counties throughout Alabama. Polices and programs developed at the county and state committee levels can be implemented into state and national initiatives by the organization. Alabama broiler producers marketed more than a billion birds in 2004, generating cash receipts that amounted to more than $2.4 billion.
Alabama ranks third in broiler production behind Arkansas and Georgia. Alabama's layer flocks produced 2.1 billion eggs in 2004, resulting in cash receipts of $288 million. Alabama ranks 13th nationally in total egg production with more than 9.24 million layers in inventory on Dec. 1, 2004. More statistics about poultry in Alabama can be found through the Alabama Agricultural Statistics Service website.
- November 2015 Commodity Corner November 13, 2015
- Protection For Poultry Farmers Sought November 13, 2015
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Finalized October 16, 2015
Events for Poultry commodity
- December 6-7 Federation Annual Meeting - Montgomery, AL
- January 10-13 American Farm Bureau Federation Annual Meeting - Orlando, FL
- February 2-4 Commodity Organizational Conference - Montgomery, AL