Soybean Division Goals and Issues
Goals of the Soybean Division are determined by a state committee, which is elected by other soybean producers throughout the state.
Issues and challenges facing producers are evaluated each year and priorities placed on each to determine a focus for the divisions efforts. Goals include:
- Work to promote use of soybeans through traditional and innovative means.
- Work to make farm bill payments payable to the producer and not tied to land.
- Promote use of soy diesel as a clean, renewable energy source.
- Work to educate producers on how to identify and combat soybean rust.
- Work to provide incentives for farmers to use biofuels.