Wildlife Division Director
(800) 392-5705, ext. 4305
Welcome to the Alabama Farmers Federation Wildlife Resources Division. Hunting and fishing is a $2.4 billion dollar industry in Alabama and is growing every year. These sports and the many activities associated with them are not only a tradition in most rural areas of the state, but also a major source of income for rural residents and businesses.
Our goal is to provide an exchange of information between those who manage and cultivate the wildlife resources of Alabama and those who seek to enjoy the outdoors.
There are millions of acres of wildlife habitat in Alabama, including thousands of acres of public hunting areas. The Division of Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries of the Alabama Department of Conservation and Natural Resources continues development, maintenance, and management of 626,500 acres of land for the Alabama hunters. These areas are financed with funds derived from hunting licenses and federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.
The Wildlife Resources Division represents farmers on a national, state and local level and has county committees in 54 counties in Alabama.
Wildlife Resources News
- Auburn College Of Ag Leaders Visit Federation October 16, 2015
- September 2015 Upcoming Deadlines September 11, 2015
- Alabama Farmers Help Hunters Enhance Wildlife September 01, 2015
Events for Wildlife Resources commodity
- December 6-7 Federation Annual Meeting - Montgomery, AL
- January 10-13 American Farm Bureau Federation Annual Meeting - Orlando, FL
- February 2-4 Commodity Organizational Conference - Montgomery, AL