For more than 50 years the Alabama Farmers Federation has provided scholarships to individuals preparing for careers in agriculture and agribusiness. Our goal is to support the next generation in their effort to improve Alabama agriculture. The scholarships are $1,750 per student per year.
- Applicant must be a member of the Alabama Farmers Federation or under 25 years of age and the child of a Federation member.
- Applicant must be a U.S citizen, exhibit good moral character and citizenship, and exhibit excellent academic potential.
- Applicant must have been formally accepted by, and/or presently attending Auburn University or Alabama A&M as a fulltime student with a declared agricultural, forestry, or pre-veterinary major.
- Applicant must submit a completed application including all requested materials by Jan. 31, 2019.
- Applications must be submitted electronically. Completed application must be received by the Jan. 31, 2019, deadline for consideration.
- The Alabama Farmers Federation’s Scholarship Committee will review applications and recommend county winners to county Farmers Federation boards of directors for approval.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified applications be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on the merit of the application.
Receiving the Award
- Payment of $1,750 for tuition will be made from Alabama Farmers Federation’s Foundation to Auburn University or Alabama A&M Foundations. The student’s university will officially apply credit to student’s tuition account.
- Student and parents/guardians will be invited to an event formally recognizing scholarship winners.
- Scholarships are not automatically renewed each year, even if the student continues to meet all
- requirements. Applications must be submitted each year. Students applying for scholarship renewal may complete a separate “renewal application.” See links below.