FarmPAC Endorses Runoff Candidates
June 13, 2014
Eleven FarmPAC-endorsed candidates face opposition in the July 15 primary runoff elections.
In the June 3 primary, the three congressional incumbents endorsed by FarmPAC won their races, while five of the six FarmPAC-endorsed candidates for statewide offices won or will be in the runoff.
FarmPAC endorsed three additional candidates after the June 3 primary: Jim Zeigler, state auditor; Tim Melson, State Senate District 1; and Arnold Mooney, State House District 43.
Endorsements were recommended by county leaders following reviews of the candidates’ qualifications.
Endorsed candidates in the July 15 runoff elections are:
- Paul DeMarco (R), Congressional District 6
- John Merrill (R), Secretary of State
- Jim Zeigler (R), State Auditor
- Chip Beeker (R), Public Service Commission, Place 2
- Tim Melson (R), State Senate District 1
- Shay Shelnutt (R), State Senate District 17
- Greg Albritton (R), State Senate District 22
- Clyde Chambliss Jr. (R), State Senate District 30
- Arnold Mooney (R), State House District 43
- David Faulkner (R), State House District 46
- Rep. Ralph A. Howard (D), State House District 72
The July issue of Neighbors will include the Federation’s Voter’s Guide.