May 07, 2018
Registration for the Alabama Farmers Federation’s 46th Commodity Producers Conference is open at AlfaFarmers.org through June 18. The annual conference is Aug. 2-5 in Montgomery.
Tours across central and southeast Alabama headline the meeting and spotlight the state’s diverse commodities.
- Blue Tour: Pike County’s KW Plastics, Golden Boy Foods, Virtual High School and Whaley Pecan Co.
- Green Tour: Bullock County’s Wehle Center and Sedgefields Plantation and Macon County’s The Wildlife Group
- Orange Tour: Pike County’s Riverview Farms, JKH Farms and the Pioneer Museum
- Purple Tour: Montgomery County’s Alabama Supreme Court, Maxwell Air Force Base and SweetCreek Farm Market
- Red Tour: Macon County’s Moore & Davis Nursery, Lee County’s Jordan-Hare Stadium at Auburn University and Tallapoosa County’s Whippoorwill Vineyards
- Yellow Tour: Montgomery County’s Foxwood Farms, AL Farms, Pintlala Cattle Co. and Campo Del Rio Ranch
The Alabama Farm & Land Expo is back for its second year the afternoon of Aug. 4. Seminars and Young Farmers Discussion Meet and Excellence in Agriculture contests round out the agenda.
The 2018 Outstanding Young Farm Family will be announced at the closing banquet.