December 06, 2017
Farm tours are headed back to the 2018 Young Farmers Conference March 3.
Young, enterprising Alabama agriculturalists can learn from generations of experience during farm tours at the 2018 Young Farmers Conference in Montgomery March 2-3. Registration closes Jan. 22 at AlfaFarmers.org.
- Dinner and a welcome from Alabama Farmers Federation President Jimmy Parnell
- Entertainment from Fun Pianos by 176 Keys, a dueling piano show
- Farm tours
- Tour A — Pearce Catfish Farm, Orrville Farmers Market and row crop operation Bell Place Farms in Dallas County
- Tour B — Robertson/Lanier & McKay Cattle Co. in Chambers County, Auburn University’s National Poultry Technology Center and Young’s Plant Farm in Lee County
- Tour C — Parkman Cattle Co. in Montgomery County, Gene and Jana Renfroe’s Pike County TREASURE Forest and Steve Stroud’s Pike County poultry and hay farm
- Closing banquet
- Outstanding Young Farm Family finalist announcement
- Live auction benefiting the Alabama Farmers Agriculture Foundation
Click here to access the OYFF application. Entries are due Jan. 15. Find more information at AlfaYoungFarmers.org.