November 07, 2018
Dicamba registration is extended two years, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced Oct. 31.
The extension is for over-the-top (OTT) use controlling weeds in fields for cotton and soybean plants genetically engineered to resist dicamba.
This action was determined by input from and extensive collaboration among EPA, state regulators, farmers, academic researchers, pesticide manufacturers and other stakeholders. Label changes include
- Two-year registration (until Dec. 20, 2020)
- Only certified applicators may apply dicamba OTT
- Prohibiting OTT application on soybeans 45 days after planting and cotton 60 days after planting
- Decreasing OTT applications for cotton from four to two
- Applications allowed one hour after sunrise to two hours before sunset
Visit tinyurl.com/EPAdicamba to learn more.