A.L.F.A. Leaders Contact
Rick Oates or Jennifer Himburg
Phone: (800) 392-5705, ext. 4305
The purpose of this program is to provide a structured, two-year training program for Alabama residents ages 25-45 that assists with personal and professional development in the areas of agricultural policy, industry leadership and organizational involvement.
Program Content and Strategy
- Large public addresses
- Written communication for publication (letters to the editor, Internet, etc.)
- Ability to network
- Ability to interview successfully with media
- Graduates will understand the implications of accepting leadership positions within large organizations such as the Alabama Farmers Federation (AFF) and will be given the theoretical and practical content to serve successfully with vision, direction, and a servant attitude.
- Technical Proficiency:
Graduates will be able to use resources available to affect ag policy for the future. Specifically, graduates will attain:
- Ability to utilize the grassroots structure of the Alabama Farmers Federation to steer its policy toward promoting and protecting Alabama agriculture and fulfilling the mission of the AFF.
- Ability to utilize the legislative and political process to steer public policy toward being beneficial to Alabama agriculture.
- Ability to understand the forces that shape international agriculture, and utilize organizational resources to steer national and international policy (American Farm Bureau Federation and AFF).
The Alabama Farmers Federation A.L.F.A. program is designed for Alabama residents between the ages of 25-45 who want to increase their leadership effectiveness and involvement.
Participants must be nominated by their county Farmers Federation president.
An independent committee will review the applications and choose participants for the program. Those selected will be introduced at the state annual meeting in December.
During 2012-2014, the class will participate in meetings and tours, as well as two AFF state annual meetings. Each session will typically range over three calendar days including two nights away from home.
Tentative Program Schedule
Dates are tentative, and programming is subject to change based on speaker/tour availability.
Graudation at the Commodity Producers Conference
A.L.F.A. Leaders News
- LEADERS GRADUATION CAPS FIRST DAY OF COMMODITY CONFERENCE August 07, 2014
- ALABAMA FARMERS SELECTED AS NATIONAL “CHAMPIONS OF CHANGE” July 28, 2014
- A.L.F.A. Leaders In South Alabama June 13, 2014
More news on A.L.F.A. Leaders