Find an at-a-glance view of local Alabama weather, forecasts, USDA news, and commodity market changes for corn, soybeans, wheat, cattle, hogs, and milk.
Alfa Farmers Federation gathers and produces educational resources for teachers to use in their classrooms (grades K-12). Materials include:
- Farming Feeds Alabama activity sheets
- Harvest of the Month posters
- Ag Mags: colorful, information-packed, 4-page agricultural magazines about major Alabama-grown commodities that include trivia and fun activities.
- The Alabama Farm Coloring Book
- Down on the Farm Kids Activity Booklet
- Careers in Agriculture brochure
- Infographics on antibiotics, GMOs, and sustainability
- Classroom in the Forest program from Alabama TREASURE Forest Association
- Fatal Vision program about drunk and distracted driving
Alabama Agriculture in the Classroom (AITC) is an interdisciplinary educational program that promotes Ag literacy for students in all grade levels K-12.
Farm-City’s goal is to deepen the understanding about the relationship between rural farmers and urban workers. The program’s year-round activities are aimed at education, outreach, and promotion begin with National Ag Day in spring and culminate with Farm-City Week in fall.
The Alabama Farmers Agriculture Foundation supports and advances agriculture in Alabama through education and research. Learn more about their public programs and services.
For more than 50 years, the Alabama Farmers Federation has provided scholarships to individuals preparing for careers in agriculture and agribusiness. The goal is to support the next generation in an effort to improve Alabama agriculture.
Alfa produces high quality brochures that profile Alabama Agriculture, issues affecting Alabamians, and safety information.
- Alabama Farm Facts
- Ag is the answer
- Agriculture: Driving Alabama’s Economy
- Farmers Hold the Future in Their Hands
- Skin Cancer Prevention
- Don’t Cross the Line: Put an End to Distracted Driving