March 20, 2018
Alfa Insurance® agents, customer service representatives (CSRs) and adjusters are at work this morning helping policyholders affected by last night’s severe storms. Alfa has more than 100 claims adjusters ready to serve customers.
To file a claim for home or property damage:
- Contact local Alfa service centers
- Call the Customer Resource Center at 1-800-964-2532, open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Go to AlfaInsurance.com
- Use the Alfa2Go app for iPhone and Android smartphones
The Storm Prediction Center (SPC), part of the National Weather Service, received reports of possible tornadoes in five Alabama counties including Calhoun, Cleburne, Cullman, Etowah and St. Clair. NWS will conduct surveys to determine the rating of each storm.
Officials with Jacksonville State University reported damage to several campus buildings after an apparent tornado moved across campus. Students were on spring break.
Alfa is sending a mobile response unit (MRU) to the Alfa Service Center in Jacksonville at 1535 Pelham Road S. A second MRU is being sent to the Cullman service center at 3148 U.S. Highway 157. The 38-foot MRUs work as fully functional Alfa offices, even during power outages, and use the latest technology to process claims quickly.
SPC received numerous reports of wind and hail damage in Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi. In Alabama, most reports came from the area north of U.S. Highway 278 up to the Tennessee border. As of this morning, no fatalities have been reported.
Policyholders who experienced property or auto damage as a result of last night’s storms are encouraged to make temporary repairs to prevent additional damage. Additional post-storm recovery tips include:
- Retain receipts from purchases related to temporary repairs to include with any claims.
- Inspect vehicles for damage as quickly as possible after a hailstorm. Claims costs are generally covered for customers with comprehensive coverage on their policies, but customers with basic liability will be responsible for all repair costs.
- Disaster victims are prime targets for insurance scams. Be wary of unsolicited or unexpected offers to perform repairs or conduct inspections.
- Contact the state attorney general’s office with reports of suspected fraud, looting or price gouging.
For additional updates, visit AlfaInsurance.com, Facebook.com/AlfaInsurance or Twitter.com/Alfa_Insurance.