Ivey Victorious In Primary Election
Gov. Kay Ivey and Alabama Farmers Federation Jimmy Parnell
Alabama Farmers Federation President Jimmy Parnell had the privilege of welcoming supporters of Gov. Kay Ivey June 5 as she claimed victory in the Republican primary election for governor. Ivey was among dozens of FarmPAC-endorsed candidates to advance to the November general election.
FarmPAC is the Federation’s political action committee.
“Gov. Ivey has done an outstanding job for the state of Alabama, and voters showed their confidence in her steady leadership,” Parnell said. “She is a long-time friend of Alabama farmers and forest owners. Our members are committed to helping her win a full, four-year term in November.”
Overall, 51 of 78 FarmPAC-endorsed candidates with primary opposition were victorious, while another 19 will compete in runoff elections July 17.
Other FarmPAC-endorsed candidates winning without a runoff were
- Secretary of State: John Merrill (R)
- State Treasurer: John McMillan (R)
- State Auditor: Jim Zeigler (R)
FarmPAC-endorsed candidates advancing to the runoff were
- Lt. Governor: Will Ainsworth (R)
- Commissioner of Agriculture & Industries: Rick Pate (R)
- Alabama Supreme Court, Place 1: Brad Mendheim (R)
- Alabama Court of Civil Appeals, Place 1: Christy Edwards (R)
- Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals, Place 2: Chris McCool (R)
- U.S. Congress, District 2: Martha Roby (R)
- State Board of Education, District 2: Melanie Hill (R)
For full election coverage, visit AlfaFarmers.org.