Cultivator — January 9, 2015
Additional Farm Bill Training Available
Row crop farmers like Dale County Farmers Federation President Chris Carroll, above, may benefit from attending one of nine educational farm bill meetings across Alabama this month.
The Alabama Farmers Federation and the Alabama Cooperative Extension System are hosting nine farm bill educational meetings in January.
Computers will be available for attendees to work with Extension and Farm Service Agency professionals on applying for programs.
“Unlike the December meetings, these workshops will guide attendees through online tools to make informed choices about their options,” said Federation Cotton, Soybeans and Wheat & Feed Grains Divisions Director Carla Hornady.
Meetings start at 10 a.m. with a farm bill overview. At 1 p.m., attendees will work in the computer lab.
Farmers may register for the morning session, afternoon session or both by calling the host facility. They should also fill out the crop information work sheet available online at AlabamaFarmBill.com.
Farm Bill Meetings
- Jan. 13 – Baldwin County Extension Office, Bay Minette, (251) 937-7176
- Jan. 14 – Wiregrass Research & Extension Center, Headland, (334) 693-2363
- Jan. 21 – Monroe County Extension Office, Monroeville, (251) 575-3477
- Jan. 22 – E.V. Smith Research & Extension Center, Shorter, (334) 727-7403
- Jan. 23 – Lee County Extension Office, Opelika, (334) 749-3353
- Jan. 26 – Sand Mountain Research & Extension Center, Crossville, (256) 528-7133
- Jan. 27 – Black Belt Experiment Station, Marion Junction, (334) 872-7878
- Jan. 28 – Morgan County Extension Office, Hartselle, (256) 773-2549
- Jan. 30 – Lawrence County Extension Office, Moulton, (256) 974-2464
Articles in this issue
- Additional Farm Bill Training Available
- Vilsack Withdraws Beef Checkoff Plan
- Congress Acts To Extend Tax Provisions For 2014
- Cleburne County Members Meet Legislator
- Disaster Coverage Available For Specialty Crops
- Upcoming Events and Deadlines
- Four Counties Declared Natural Disaster Areas
- Young Farmers Spread Christmas Cheer
- January 2015 Commodity Corner
- State Law Enforcement Agencies Consolidated
- Auburn Ag Hall Of Honor Event Is Feb. 5
- Century And Heritage Farm
- New “Simply Southern” TV Show Premieres
- Autauga County Farm Safety Day