Six finalists vying for the title of Alabama’s 2018 Farm of Distinction have been announced. The winner will be revealed at the Alabama Farm-City Awards in Birmingham April 5, following on-farm judging in February.
The finalists are
- Thomas Adams, Henry County;
- John DeLoach, Shelby County;
- Greg Hamner, Lauderdale County;
- Trey Montgomery, Greene County;
- Sid Nelson, Sumter County; and
- Tyler Sanders, Houston County.
Each will receive a $250 gift certificate from the Alabama Farmers Cooperative (AFC) and an engraved plaque.
The Alabama Farm of Distinction prize package includes
- A John Deere Gator courtesy of AgPro, TriGreen and SunSouth dealers;
- A $1,000 gift certificate from the AFC; and
- An engraved farm sign from Alfa Insurance.
Alabama’s winner also receives $2,500 as the state’s representative at the Swisher Sweets/Sunbelt Ag Expo Southeastern Farmer of the Year contest in October.