By Jeff Helms
MONTGOMERY, Ala., Sept. 26 — Alabama FarmPAC, a political action committee of the Alabama Farmers Federation, today made additional endorsements for 2024 elections.
New endorsements are:
- Alabama Supreme Court, Chief Justice — Sarah Stewart (R)
- Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals, Place 2 — Thomas Govan (R)
Federation President Jimmy Parnell said Alabama FarmPAC endorsements reflect the grassroots nature of the organization and are a testament to the candidates’ work to meet with members and hear their concerns.
“Our endorsements are recommended by county presidents or their representatives from all 67 Alabama counties, along with our state board of directors,” Parnell said. “These candidates have spent months traveling the state to meet with county Farmers Federations and individual members. This process not only speaks to the influence of the Alabama Farmers Federation but also a process that ensures elected officials understand the issues facing their constituents.”
Alabama FarmPAC previously endorsed:
- Alabama Supreme Court, Place 1 — Chris McCool (R)
- Alabama Supreme Court, Place 2 — Tommy Bryan (R)
- Alabama Supreme Court, Place 3 — Will Sellers (R)
- Alabama Supreme Court, Place 4 — Jay Mitchell (R)
- Alabama Court of Civil Appeals, Place 1 — Christy Edwards (R)
- Alabama Court of Civil Appeals, Place 2 — Chad Hanson (R)
- Alabama Court of Civil Appeals, Place 3 — Terry Moore (R)
- Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals, Place 1 — Richard Minor (R)
- Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals, Place 3 — Bill Cole (R)
- Alabama Public Service Commission, President — Twinkle Cavanaugh (R)
Parnell said these endorsements for the March 5, 2024, primary elections will carry through to the Nov. 5, 2024, general election. Alabama FarmPAC will make endorsements in other races at a future date.