Alfa Insurance® agents, customer service representatives (CSRs) and adjusters have responded quickly to help policyholders in Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi who incurred damage from tornadoes, hail and strong thunderstorms. The wave of storms started on St. Patrick’s Day and slowly trekked across southeast Alabama and Georgia this morning.
According to the Storm Prediction Center (SPC), two people were injured in a tornado in Clarke County, Alabama. The SPC reported tornadoes are expected to be the cause of damages in Autauga, Blount, Chilton, Choctaw, Clarke, Coosa, Crenshaw, Dallas, Hale, Jefferson, Marengo, Sumter and Tuscaloosa counties in Alabama as well as Lincoln, Marion, Wayne and Wilkinson counties in Mississippi. National Weather Service staff will survey these areas to assign ratings to the suspected tornadoes.
To file a claim for home or property damage:
- Contact local Alfa service centers
- Call the Customer Resource Center at 1-800-964-2532, open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Visit AlfaInsurance.com
- Use the Alfa2Go app for iPhone and Android smartphones
Policyholders who experienced property or auto damage as a result of the storms are encouraged to make temporary repairs to prevent additional damage. Additional post-storm recovery tips include:
- Retaining receipts from purchases related to temporary repairs to include with any claims.
- Inspecting vehicles for damage as quickly as possible after a hailstorm. Claims costs are generally covered for customers with comprehensive coverage on their policies, but customers with basic liability will be responsible for all repair costs.
- Being wary of unsolicited or unexpected offers to perform repairs or conduct inspections. Disaster victims are prime targets for insurance scams.
- Contacting the state attorney general’s office with reports of suspected fraud, looting or price gouging.
Find other tips for recovering from storms at Alfa’s online Severe Storm Center.