Alfa Insurance® agents, customer service representatives (CSRs) and adjusters are busy helping policyholders in central Alabama who incurred damage when a deadly tornado hit the city of Fultondale early this morning.
News outlets are reporting at least one death and 28 people injured in the storm. Touching down just north of Birmingham, it was the only tornado reported to the Storm Prediction Center during the overnight and early morning storms.
To file a claim for home or property damage:
- Contact local Alfa service centers
- Call the Customer Resource Center at 1-800-964-2532, open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Visit AlfaInsurance.com
- Use the Alfa2Go app for iPhone and Android smartphones
Policyholders who experienced property or auto damage as a result of the storm are encouraged to make temporary repairs to prevent additional damage. Additional post-storm recovery tips include:
- Retaining receipts from purchases related to temporary repairs to include with any claims.
- Inspecting vehicles for damage as quickly as possible after a hailstorm. Claims costs are generally covered for customers with comprehensive coverage on their policies, but customers with basic liability will be responsible for all repair costs.
- Being wary of unsolicited or unexpected offers to perform repairs or conduct inspections. Disaster victims are prime targets for insurance scams.
- Contacting the state attorney general’s office with reports of suspected fraud, looting or price gouging.
Find other tips for recovering from storms at Alfa’s online Catastrophe Center.