Alfa Insurance® agents, customer service representatives (CSRs) and adjusters are already meeting with policyholders and addressing their claims following severe thunderstorms, hail and tornadoes that impacted Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi on Sunday.
The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) received reports of damages caused by tornadoes and high winds across the Southern halves of the three states, including structural damages, snapped trees and downed power lines. National Weather Service staff will send out survey teams to determine the EF rating of the tornadic storms.
To file a claim for home or property damage:
- Contact local Alfa service centers
- Call the Customer Resource Center at 1-800-964-2532, open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Visit AlfaInsurance.com
- Use the Alfa2Go app for iPhone and Android smartphones
Alfa service centers and claims offices remain staffed, although staff have taken steps to safeguard health and limit the spread of COVID-19. Due to current social distancing requirements, policyholders who have a claim and want to come inside a service center are asked to call ahead.
Policyholders who experienced property or auto damage as a result of the storms are encouraged to make temporary repairs to prevent additional damage. Additional post-storm recovery tips include:
- Retaining receipts from purchases related to temporary repairs to include with any claims.
- Inspecting vehicles for damage as quickly as possible after a hailstorm. Claims costs are generally covered for customers with comprehensive coverage on their policies, but customers with basic liability will be responsible for all repair costs.
- Being wary of unsolicited or unexpected offers to perform repairs or conduct inspections. Disaster victims are prime targets for insurance scams.
- Contacting the state attorney general’s office with reports of suspected fraud, looting or price gouging.
Find other tips for recovering from storms at Alfa’s online Severe Storm Center.