Alfa Insurance® agents, customer service representatives (CSRs) and adjusters are working hard to help policyholders with claims following Thursday’s deadly severe storms.
News outlets have reported at least five people died in Calhoun County in Alabama when a tornado struck. The Storm Prediction Center also received reports of suspected tornadoes in Bibb, Cherokee, Chilton, Clay, Hale, Jefferson, Randolph, Shelby and St. Clair counties in Alabama as well as Noxubee County in Mississippi and Coweta and Heard counties in Georgia.
National Weather Service staff will survey these areas to assign ratings to the suspected tornadoes.
To file a claim for home or property damage:
- Contact local Alfa service centers
- Call the Customer Resource Center at 1-800-964-2532, open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Visit AlfaInsurance.com
- Use the Alfa2Go app for iPhone and Android smartphones
Policyholders who experienced property or auto damage as a result of the storms are encouraged to make temporary repairs to prevent additional damage. Additional post-storm recovery tips include:
- Retaining receipts from purchases related to temporary repairs to include with any claims.
- Inspecting vehicles for damage as quickly as possible after a hailstorm. Claims costs are generally covered for customers with comprehensive coverage on their policies, but customers with basic liability will be responsible for all repair costs.
- Being wary of unsolicited or unexpected offers to perform repairs or conduct inspections. Disaster victims are prime targets for insurance scams.
- Contacting the state attorney general’s office with reports of suspected fraud, looting or price gouging.
Find other tips for recovering from storms at Alfa’s online Severe Storm Center.