Alfa Insurance Responding To Hurricane Zeta Damage Claims
By Mary Wilson
Alfa Insurance® agents, customer service representatives (CSRs) and adjusters are ready to respond to claims related to Hurricane Zeta. Additionally, Alabama Farmers Federation staff are working to assess the extent of agricultural damage caused by the storm.
The 27th named storm of the 2020 hurricane season, Hurricane Zeta made landfall Wednesday afternoon in Louisiana as a Category 2 storm with maximum winds of 110 miles per hour. It was quickly downgraded to a tropical storm.
Overnight, Tropical Storm Zeta raced through Alabama, leaving a swath of damage stretching from Mobile and Baldwin counties in the south to Etowah County in northeast Alabama.
To report agricultural damages to the Federation, including predicted crop losses and structural damage, click here and follow the instructions. Note: These reports do not take the place of filing insurance claims.
To file a claim for home or property damage:
- Contact local Alfa service centers
- Call the Customer Resource Center at 1-800-964-2532, open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- File a claim online
- Use the Alfa2Go app for iPhone and Android smartphones
Alfa service centers and claims offices remain staffed, although staff have taken steps to safeguard health and limit the spread of COVID-19. Due to current social distancing requirements, policyholders who have a claim and want to come inside a service center are asked to call ahead.
Policyholders who experienced property or auto damage as a result of the storms are encouraged to make temporary repairs to prevent additional damage. Additional post-storm recovery tips include:
- Retaining receipts from purchases related to temporary repairs to include with any claims.
- Inspecting vehicles for damage as quickly as possible after a hailstorm. Claims costs are generally covered for customers with comprehensive coverage on their policies, but customers with basic liability will be responsible for all repair costs.
- Being wary of unsolicited or unexpected offers to perform repairs or conduct inspections. Disaster victims are prime targets for insurance scams.
- Contacting the state attorney general’s office with reports of suspected fraud, looting or price gouging.
Find other tips for recovering from storms at Alfa’s online Catastrophe Storm Center. For additional updates, visit Facebook.com/AlfaInsurance or Twitter.com/Alfa_Insurance.