Alfa Insurance® agents, customer service representatives (CSRs) and adjusters are busy helping policyholders who incurred damage during devastating storms that passed through Alabama and Georgia yesterday.
The Alabama communities of Beauregard and Smiths Station appear to be the hardest hit with at least 23 deaths reported in Lee County.
Alfa will have at least 15 additional claims adjusters in the area to help affected policyholders get back on their feet. Alfa is also deploying its Mobile Response Unit (MRU) to Sanford Middle School at 1500 County Road 11 in Opelika. The 38-foot MRU works as a fully functional Alfa office and uses the latest technology to process claims quickly.
To file a claim for home or property damage:
- Contact local Alfa service centers
- Call the Customer Resource Center at 1-800-964-2532, open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Go to AlfaInsurance.com
- Use the Alfa2Go app for iPhone and Android smartphones
Multiple National Weather Service offices are sending out survey teams this morning to determine the strength of all tornadoes reported, including two tornado tracks in Lee County.
The Storm Prediction Center received tornado reports in Autauga, Barbour, Butler, Geneva, Macon, Lee and Washington counties in Alabama, as well as Clay, Coffee, Crawford, Grady, Harris, Jeff Davis, Muscogee, Peach, Quitman, Stewart, Talbot and Twiggs counties in Georgia. There were also numerous hail reports in Georgia and wind damages reported across the Southeast from Mississippi through South Carolina.
Policyholders who experienced property or auto damage as a result of the storms are encouraged to make temporary repairs to prevent additional damage. Additional post-storm recovery tips include:
- Retaining receipts from purchases related to temporary repairs to include with any claims.
- Inspecting vehicles for damage as quickly as possible after a hailstorm. Claims costs are generally covered for customers with comprehensive coverage on their policies, but customers with basic liability will be responsible for all repair costs.
- Being wary of unsolicited or unexpected offers to perform repairs or conduct inspections. Disaster victims are prime targets for insurance scams.
- Contacting the state attorney general’s office with reports of suspected fraud, looting or price gouging.
Find additional tips about recovering from storms, visit Alfa’s Severe Storm Center.