Alfa Insurance® agents, customer service representatives (CSRs) and adjusters ready to help policyholders affected today’s severe storms.
On Sunday, Jan. 20, the Alfa office at 26 Cambridge Dr. in Wetumpka will open at 10 a.m. A suspected tornado caused significant damage in downtown Wetumpka, and numerous reports of damage from high winds have been reported across MIssissippi and Alabama.
To file a claim for home or property damage:
- Contact local Alfa service centers
- Call the Customer Resource Center at 1-800-964-2532, open 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Go to AlfaInsurance.com
- Use the Alfa2Go app for iPhone and Android smartphones
The Storm Prediction Center recently received reports of of downed trees blocking Highway 14 in Elmore County. The SPC is also reporting a probable EF0 tornado touched down near Brandon, Mississppi in Rankin County.
Policyholders who experienced property or auto damage as a result of the storms are encouraged to make temporary repairs to prevent additional damage. Additional post-storm recovery tips include:
- Retain receipts from purchases related to temporary repairs to include with any claims.
- Inspect vehicles for damage as quickly as possible after a hailstorm. Claims costs are generally covered for customers with comprehensive coverage on their policies, but customers with basic liability will be responsible for all repair costs.
- Disaster victims are prime targets for insurance scams. Be wary of unsolicited or unexpected offers to perform repairs or conduct inspections.
- Contact the state attorney general’s office with reports of suspected fraud, looting or price gouging.