Tours, seminars and the Alabama Farm & Land Expo are highlights of the Alabama Farmers Federation’s 46th Commodity Producers Conference in Montgomery Aug. 2-5. Conference registration closes June 18 at AlfaFarmers.org.
Farm and industry tours Friday in central and southeast Alabama will spotlight the state’s diverse commodities.
- Blue Tour: Pike County’s KW Plastics, Golden Boy Foods, Virtual High School and Whaley Pecan Co.
- Green Tour: Bullock County’s Wehle Center and Sedgefields Plantation and Macon County’s The Wildlife Group
- Orange Tour: Pike County’s Riverview Farms, JKH Farms and the Pioneer Museum
- Purple Tour: Montgomery County’s Alabama Supreme Court, Maxwell Air Force Base and SweetCreek Farm Market
- Red Tour: Macon County’s Moore & Davis Nursery, Lee County’s Jordan-Hare Stadium at Auburn University and Tallapoosa County’s Whippoorwill Vineyards
- Yellow Tour: Montgomery County’s Foxwood Farms, AL Farms, Pintlala Cattle Co. and Campo Del Rio Ranch
Saturday seminar topics include the farm bill, forest products, horse health, forages, food security and more. Contests in the Women’s and Young Farmers divisions continue throughout the conference.
The Alabama Farm & Land Expo is back for the second year the afternoon of Aug. 4 and is open to the public.
At the closing banquet, the 2018 Outstanding Young Farm Family will be announced. Entertainment from the Southern gospel trio Heartline will conclude the conference.