MONTGOMERY, Ala., Nov. 4 — With the presidential election too close to call, the Alabama Farmers Federation’s FarmPAC-endorsed candidates swept statewide and Congressional races Tuesday night.
Republican Tommy Tuberville’s victory over incumbent Democrat Doug Jones for U.S. Senate concluded a year-long campaign in which the former Auburn University football coach worked to develop relationships with the state’s farmers.
FarmPAC was among the first groups to endorse Tuberville. Federation President Jimmy Parnell, who spoke at the new senator’s watch party, praised Tuberville’s work ethic in studying the issues affecting agriculture and rural communities.
“Coach Tuberville met with farmers in their fields and pastures,” Parnell said. “He looked them in the eye and said, ‘I want to be your champion in D.C.’ We are proud to have been among Coach Tuberville’s early supporters and are confident he will serve our members and the state well in the Senate.”
Tuberville’s win was critical as Republicans seek to maintain a majority in the Senate.
Other FarmPAC-endorsed candidates who were elected include:
• U.S. Rep. Jerry Carl, R-Mobile
• U.S. Rep. Barry Moore, R-Enterprise
• U.S. Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Saks
• U.S. Rep. Robert Aderholt, R-Haleyville
• U.S. Rep. Gary Palmer, R-Hoover
• U.S. Rep. Terri Sewell, D-Birmingham
• Alabama Supreme Court Justice Greg Shaw, R-Place 1
• Alabama Supreme Court Justice Brad Mendheim, R-Place 2
• Alabama Court of Civil Appeals Judge Bill Thompson, R-Place 1
• Alabama Court of Civil Appeals Judge Matt Fridy, R-Place 2
• Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals Judge Mary Windom, R-Place 1
• Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals Judge Beth Kellum, R-Place 2
• Alabama Public Service Commission President Twinkle Cavanaugh, R
• State Board of Education Member Jackie Ziegler, R-District 1
• State Board of Education Member Stephanie Bell, R-District 3
• State Board of Education Member Belinda McRae, R-District 7