The Alabama Farmers Federation is searching for a bumper crop of snapshots depicting the state’s No. 1 industry, agriculture, through the Farming Feeds Alabama Photo Contest.
Mailed entries will not be accepted.
– Adult Photographers: Photographers 16 and over as of June 30, 2022.
– Youth Photographers: Photographers 15 and under after June 30, 2022.
– Photos will be ranked by a panel of expert judges, who will determine Farming Feeds Alabama category winners in 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Photos will be judged on quality, resolution, content, storytelling and relevance to the theme with no discrimination toward sex, race, gender or age.
– 1st place in each category: $150
– 2nd place in each category: $100
– 3rd place in each category: $50
– Category winners will be notified no later than Nov. 20. They will be recognized in Neighbors magazine.
– Entries are accepted at AlfaFarmers.org between Aug. 15 and Nov. 15, 2022.
– Photos must have been taken in Alabama in 2022 and must be original, unpublished content.
– All photos must be entered in the correct age category.
– Each photographer may enter one photo.
– Minor adjustments of color/contrast, sharpening, spotting, dodging and burning are accepted. Photos may be color or black and white.
– Photos with embedded text or logos or watermarks will not be accepted.
– Shoot photos at the maximum resolution and submit that original without cropping, compressing or reducing the file size. Photos taken with cameras and smartphones are acceptable, as long as quality and resolution are not affected.
– Photos must comply with safe farm practices. Photos exhibiting unsafe behavior will be eliminated.
– Entries must include the photographer’s name, age, county, contact information, a photograph title and brief description.
– Alabama Farmers Federation staff and their immediate families are ineligible.
Questions? Contact Marlee Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.