Eight poultry purveyors definitely have something to crow about after making it into the semi-final round of Bama’s Best Chicken Tenders contest.
Known as the Edible Eight, semi-finalists include Bobby’s Restaurant in Eva, The Chicken Shack in Luverne, Crowe’s Chicken in Brundidge, Hanceville Exxon in Hanceville, J’s Hole in the Wall in Bryant, Tenders Restaurant in Huntsville (Five Points), Walters’ Gas and Grill in Opelika (Society Hill) and Wildcat Cafe in Guntersville.
An online vote will determine the finalists who make it into the Flavorful Four.
To place your vote, go to the Bama’s Best Chicken Tenders photo album on Simply Southern TV’s Facebook page, and click “like” on the image for the corresponding restaurant. Voting opens Monday, June 14, at 9 a.m. and closes Monday, June 21, at 3 p.m.
Judges will visit each of the Flavorful Four with a winner announced in late July. Along with bragging rights, the winning restaurant will receive a plaque, cash prize, and features in Neighbors magazine and on Simply Southern TV.
Bama’s Best Chicken Tenders contest is sponsored by the Federation’s Poultry Division whose members raise healthy, lean, delicious protein. The Alabama Farmers Federation is the state’s largest farm organization with more than 350,000 member families. For more information about the Poultry Division, visit AlfaFarmers.org.
Simply Southern TV is a production of the Alabama Farmers Federation with major support from Alabama Farmers Cooperative. For more information, visit SimplySouthernTV.net.
Fun Facts About Poultry
- Americans buy more chicken than any other meat.
- In 2018, Americans ate a record of 93 pounds of chicken per person.
- Chicken is the second most widely eaten meat in the world, accounting for 30% of global meat consumption.
- 8-9 billion chickens are consumed over the course of a year in the United States.
- U.S. Congress has recognized Spanky’s Restaurant in Savannah, Georgia, as the first to invent the chicken finger.