One hard-working family has the chance to earn the title of 2018 Outstanding Young Farm Family (OYFF), which comes with a prize package worth over $70,000. But to be considered, qualified applicants must submit applications by Monday, Jan. 15.
The OYFF contest is open to young farm families who earn a major portion of their income through farming. Applicants must be 18 to 35 years old by Jan. 31, 2019.
The first round of competition will be held during the Young Farmers Conference March 2-3 in Montgomery. Division winners will be selected, including three finalists. The overall winner will be announced Aug. 4 during the closing session of the Alabama Farmers Federation’s Commodity Producers Conference in Montgomery.
Prize package and sponsors:
- $35,000 toward a new Ford truck – Alfa Insurance
- John Deere Gator 825i – Alabama Ag Credit and Alabama Farm Credit
- Lease of a John Deere tractor – TriGreen, SunSouth and Ag-Pro
- Expense-paid trip to 2019 American Farm Bureau Federation Annual Convention – Alabama Farmers Federation
- Pole barn measuring 30’ x 40’ – Register Barn Co. – new prize and sponsor this year!
First and second runners-up will receive $500 from Alabama Ag Credit and Alabama Farm Credit. All three finalists will receive a Traeger grill.